Sunday, September 4, 2011

# OUT & ABOUT # ... in Australia, a Monster fetish!!


From left to right -- breakfast, morning break, lunch and afternoon snack  :))
While the rest of the world has a huge variety of energy drinks stocking the supermarket and local convenience stores, here in Japan until just a couple of years ago .... we had Coca-Cola!!  It was about the only drink available with some kind of caffeine shot inside. 
 There are the genki ( energy ) drinks in the tiny bottles that can be bought at the local chemist ( drug store ... for you Americans )  but they expensive and hold around half a mouth full.


Just recently have we been able to get the legendary Red Bull and more recently Rock Star,  not to be confused with my nephew, the up and coming Aussie rules football star Lachland,  with his nick name of Lock-star!!  ( apologies there,  family joke  :))  )



While in Australia recently I indulged!! I found my heart was beating faster every time I entered a supermarket because there are so many choices of energy drinks in Australia.  But the only selection I was heading for was MONSTER!!  Unfortunately this can't be found in Japan  :(



The variety,  styling, coolness and most importantly the taste of Monster is wickedly wild!!  For the first week I couldn't resist consuming 4 cans a day!!  There's even an iced coffee version!!  Excellent for breakfast wake up time!!  :)



So while on my sister's farm, relaxing, taking in the fresh air, scenery and delighting in holding a can of Monster, thinking of the cool colours of the cans.  Why not blend the local colours with a can of Monster and get some scenic shots.


The end of my first day with my new fetish!!  :))

By the way, this rubbish bin at waist height is filled with empty alcohol cans. Crikey!!

... stayed tuned for more Australia   :))

No comments:

Post a Comment