Monday, August 22, 2011

# OUT and ABOUT # ... at Port Douglas in AUSTRALIA



     AT LAST!!  A trip back home ... to the land of plenty!!  A Vegemite sandwich was calling me  ;)

          After spending plenty of relaxing time down in the South East of South Australia on my sister's farm it was time to head up to the top of Australia for the last week of my holidays.

     Port Douglas is on the menu and it's roughly an hour drive by small bus from the town of Cairns. 


     Port Douglas is definitely a place I suggest everyone at one point in their lives should visit.  It's a small town but the location is out of this world.  It's right on the Great Barrier Reef,  next door to the world renown Daintree Rain Forest and has beaches, restaurants, shops and cafes and bars that are stylish and serve up fantastic local food.  Also need to mention the price too ... much cheaper than the rest of expensive Australia so your dollar goes much further!!

     My digs ( hotel - in Aussie lingo ) was the gorgeous Oaks Lagoon.  The swimming pools back onto the rooms!!  Just open your child proof gate and drop in the water ... it's that easy!!  The hotel has the typical Queensland tropical feel and the staff are more than capable of answering any questions about the local area.  Check it out at www.oakshotelsresorts.com/oaks-lagoon.

Nothing better than starting the day with a MONSTER!!
     The beach was beckoning me every morning and I was never disappointed.  Armed with my morning ''wake up and smell the roses drink'' I strolled to the beach which is only 5 minutes away.  The sun rose up from the Pacific Ocean just like a slow motion movie.  The colours changing in front of your eyes!! 

     Hope you enjoy the photos.  Will post pictures of my sister's farm soon too.

                         catch ya later on Out and About!!   :))

oh yeah ... click on a picture to enlarge it ... cool huh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment