Saturday, January 1, 2011

# OUT & ABOUT in Japan # ... Lost Again -- Part 2

This is what we arrived to ... ya-godda-love-it!!  Bikes Galore  :))

     We arrived a little early but were soon lost again!  The place was massive!  Cycle Sports Center sprawls in & out & through the valley mountain area.  There are lots of activities for adults and children here.  It took us ages to find out where everyone was. 

Fresh preparing the run up to a jump on the trail

This is Tomo the Italian Chef checking the run up to the jump.  The jump clears the trail but you need skill to avoid the tree that lies ahead  : ))
     A Japanese Pro Rider was taking us out first to a trail hidden in the surrounding hills.  I never found out exactly what he was a pro at!? 

     The trail started off with the usual easy plod but soon exploded into a dynamic sometimes nail biting ride.  Well for me it was a helmet bashing ride!  A strange noise was coming from the rear of my bike,  as I was gliding along I looked down to check out the noise,  couldn't see anything,  lifted my head up to see the trail again ... and WHACK!!  Didn't see that branch coming!!  :))   Luckily I stayed on my bike and continued the cool drop offs that were connected to the trail. 
Another sport of mine  :))  getting the BBQ ready.  There was plenty to eat and I'm sure everyone was full after scoffing out  :))  It actually snowed during lunch time and getting back to the station by bike became a bit of a worry.  The sky cleared up just after lunch and it was a great day.

After lunch it was time to hit the trails,  Jump Park and do what ever you wanted on ya bike.  John and I hit the jump park for a while then looked at some more trails.  After a while I headed back to the jump park to brush up on some techniques.  I met a couple of guys there.  One was Hiroki ... check out his flyin' style.  Hiroki's bike is the green one with white rims.  This dude was getting some serious air!!  :))

Flyin'  Hiroki   :))


The day was coming to an end but there was one more trail to be checked out.  Ryo,  myself and 3 others went to discover.  I'd heard that tyres were soon caked in mud ... but I certainly didn't expect this!!   :))




Mmmm ... chocolate wheels  :)

     The end of the day finished with a competition to win some gear.  The game was Rock Scissors & Paper.  As usual I never got past the first round in all the games!!  :)) 

     It was time to hit the road home.  5 of us were riding to the station.  Because the event was in the highlands and the train station was at the bottom of the hill,  it was so easy to sit on the seat and let the hill take you down!!  :))

Hoonin' down the hill





Beer time again at the station ...
... and on the train ...
 ... changing trains at another station ...

... and on the next train  :))

Cheers to John for a great couple of days!!  To all of the other guys who made the day ...  cheers to you too!!  :))

No comments:

Post a Comment