Sunday, December 26, 2010

# OUT & ABOUT in TOKYO #

http://omantourism.gov.om/



     Out & About in the big smoke today to see the Omani Cultural Event taking place at the Tokyo International Forum right here in the heart of Tokyo.  Actually,  one of the little girls I teach at school,  her parents work for the Omani Embassy and I was invited by them to go and have a sqiz.  It was Christmas day but what the heck. 




     Extremely glad I went  :))  I had no idea about this country.  Most of us have heard of neighboring countries like Oman's next door neighbour,  Saudi Arabia,  but to learn about a smaller country like Oman was well worth the visit  :))  Heaps of info was available,  books,  pictures,  body art,  boat making,  Arabic writing,  heaps about Oman's geography and more! 



     I even came away with a bag of goodies  :))  courtesy of the staff that are more than willing to talk about their country to you.  Everybody was friendly,  always smiling and extremely happy to answer any questions.  Hope you enjoy my pics of Oman.  Hope to get there one day  :))  to take some real pics  :))






1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Craig, you should GO to Oman! One of Mum`s teacher friends {about 45 I guess}, went to Oman, originally as an exchange teacher, but, like us with Japan, fell in love with the people and country, and she has NEVER left - has been there about 10 years I think - just ADORES her life there! ....AND, Missie and Grace were on the brink of going over on a nurse-exchange - they didn`t in the end - BUT I remember, Oman offers foreign workers wonderful lives! Would be an amazing adventure, I`m sure you would enjoy! Anyway, this story was really interesting, with beautiful pix! Your "India" story was beautifully written too! Craig, when you REALLY write about countries and their culture, {not just how much BEER you drank, or how many chicks you gazed at!!!hee hee}, then your writing is really excellent! {That`s why I pop in and out to check your blog for a good story - keep up the culture-vulture stories!!} Happy New Year to ya! Love Fi and family xxxes

    ReplyDelete