Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another Summer Fun Day

Woke up at 6:02am!!   My alarm was set for 4:30am!!  I'm already thinking, "John ain't goin' to be happy this time"!!

         I have been late meeting John in the past so he's aware that it could happen again, I'm sure.

         I jump in the shower ... done in a few minutes.  I have an iced coffee and 3 slices of cheese on toast.  Next thing to do is pack my rucksack, clean my teeth and put the fried rice I cooked last night into containers.

         All done, I jump on my bike and cycle to Musashi Urawa where I have to catch the train to Nishi Kokubunji. The meeting point with John.  Today we are going to Mitake near Okutama to check a new river jumping spot and I'm supposed to meet John at 8am at Nishi Kokubunji station.

         At Masushi Urawa 5 drunk all night drinkers in their early 20s mobbed me in the street.  I couldn't believe it I was doing well with time and didn't need this interuption at all.  Eventually I managed to escape and ended up catching the7:50 train.  I arrived at Nishi Kokubunji at 8:15.  3 minutes later I get a mail from John saying that he has just arrived too.  Phew ... I'm not really late!!

         At Mitake a fantastic sun was shining for us.  A great area we found recently includes a huge rock for jumping off, very deep pools for landing in, lovely clear water and beautiful scenery.   Oh yeah, I caught a fish!! Check out the result in the picture.  John and I cooked it on a BBQ later that evening with a couple of steaks and a vegetable mix of Shitake Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Green Beans and onions .... very delicious : ))

     
                               xx Cheers xx   : )
        

No comments:

Post a Comment