Saturday, February 16, 2013

# WONKY ENGLISH # ... a fine selection



     WONKY ENGLISH is on the road again ;)  Actually, this one above was found on a train here in Tokyo!! I'm still trying to figure out where the beauty is going, or are the people going somewhere tomorrow!!?? ... anyway, WONKY is back in town  ;))

                                             Continue reading for more WONKY ENGLISH!!






     This is a sweat potato type cake. A popular snack that is usually in a box of a dozen or so. Could there be a connection with the "beauty of tomorrow today" picture up top ... "tomorrow" seems to be the in word today!! or should I say "tomorrow" ;))





     This really cracks me up!!  I was cycling home from work recently and took a back road to vary my ride, I had to stop at a small path to go through the never ending barriers that seem to be everywhere in Japan when I found this sign. Here in Japan there are signs like this to "not do this" and "not do that" EVERYWHERE!!  This sign was to not park your bike next to the Pachinko Parlour, but it appears you can ... or can't!! HUH!! Can I or can't I??
       A Pachinko Parlour is a Japanese gambling game where you sit at a machine, put your money in and watch thousands of ball bearings come from the top of the machine and go through a series of holes.  You may win something if the ball bearings go through particular holes. Why they put English on this sign is mind boggling as a non-Japanese person very rarely visits a Pachinko Parlour ... and anyway ... it doesn't make sense!!  It's WONKY!! ;) ... or is it ;)

1 comment:

  1. hey!
    its been great reading ur blog..
    i m from india 22 years old and i have done my engineering in electronics . i want to travel around . is it possible for me to join ur crew?
    and next time u entering aokigahara and fuji lemme knw

    shashan@live.com

    ReplyDelete