Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Out & About in Japan ... MotoGP's Nickey Hayden

A poster of Nicky Hayden outside the Dainese shop


     With the Japanese MotoGP being one of the sporting highlights here in Japan Tokyo is lucky every year to receive these wicked dudes that fly around the race tracks at 300Ks an hour,  and occasionally, we the public get to meet them too!!

     The venue this year was Dianese's new shop down at Odaiba in Tokyo Bay.
Fortunately my work place is quite close so I thought I would pop along and see one of my favourite sporting greats!!  NICKY HAYDEN!!

     The wait in the cold air outside the shop was worth it for sure. I thought I had got there early but the amount of people already waiting was one hell of a surprise!!


     The doors finally open and the crowd slowly drifted through, everyone leaving the other exit very happy indeed.  As I got to the door I could see Nicky sitting down doing his chores, signing, smiling and meeting all in sight.  Then his PR man called Nicky up and because of the size of the crowd waiting to see him it was going to take forever to finish the night early and they headed outside to do the rounds.

     I was already in the shop by this time so I was lucky. Nicky came over and shook my hand and said " How ya goin' dude?"  I got nervous, fumbled around for my camera and then Nicky signed a poster of himself.

     Cheers for that wicked event Nicky and I hope you do it again next year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment