Sunday, November 20, 2011

# OUT & ABOUT in Japan # ... a big bridge!!



 
Was Out & About recently around the bay of Tokyo when suddenly I found myself right next to this massive bridge.  Turns out it was Rainbow Bridge!! 

It's HUGE!!

a view through the grills that stop people from jumping I guess
Had to take my bike over this bridge for sure.  As I was trying to enter the lift, a guy in a uniform approached me and said if I want to take my bike across I need to put on a strange looking wheel stopper!!  Apparently it's not possible to actually ride your bike across but it's OK to wheel it across providing it has one of these weird looking attachments attached to the rear wheel ... check out the pictures  :))


It took a good 40 minutes to walk across and that's not including stop breaks.  The views are fantastic and on a clear day it's possible to see my favourite hill, Mt. Fuji from the bridge.  It was possible to see most of Tokyo that's for sure.


That's Odaiba in the background
It's certainly worth taking a half day to go and have a look around this area.  Take a walk across Rainbow Bridge and catch the sights of Tokyo you have never seen before.

... Out & About will return!!  :))   cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment