Monday, July 18, 2011

# OUT & ABOUT in Japan # ... the big stick



    Out and About in Japan on an extremely hot day like today was going to take some effort!!   I consumed just over 5 litres of fluid on this ride!!  It's the summer season now and the weather is as sticky as a piece of chewing gum stuck to a hot pavement!!  :))



     My mission was to get to the Big Stick.  The Big Stick is the new digital communications tower that has just been finished close to the Golden Poo - the Asahi Beer building near Asakusa.  It's supposed to be the worlds largest communications tower. 


I followed the Ara River all the way down until I was parallel with the tower then made my way over towards it.  It's so big one doesn't need to ask for street directions on how to get there or even look at a map.  I live in Saitama which is roughly 25 kilometers away,  it's easy to see it from where I live. 

It's worth a trip down there to see it.  It's massive!!  I'm sure it won't be long before we see or hear about that crazy French guy ''The Human Spiderman'' doing one of his free climbs up it.  That guy is awesome!!

                      catch ya on the flip side   :))


No comments:

Post a Comment